Strength training is an important part of any overall fitness program, especially CrossFit. Gaining strength will help you to get your first pull-up, bar muscle up and handstand push up, as well as progressing to more reps!
Our Strength classes are every Monday and Wednesday evening between 17:30 and 21:30 in Back Hall 6. These classes are accessible for all members (that means beginning and advanced CrossFitters).
We want you to be stronger, fitter, leaner & healthier. Reach your goals, so you can set new ones and reach them too!
Did you know?
1. Strength training reduces body fat, increases lean muscle mass and burns calories more efficiently.
2. Strength training is a crucial part of overall health and fitness for everyone, all ages, for both men & women.
3. Lean muscle mass naturally diminishes with age. You’ll increase the percentage of fat in your body if you don’t do anything to replace the lean muscle you lose over time.
4. Strength training can help you preserve and enhance your muscle mass at any age.
Strength training may also help you with:
• Developing strong bones. By stressing your bones, strength training can increase bone density and reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
• Managing your weight. Strength training can help you manage or lose weight, and it can increase your metabolism to help you burn more calories.
• Enhancing your quality-of-life. Strength training can actually enhance your quality of life and improve your ability to do everyday activities. Building muscle also can contribute to better balance.
• Managing chronic conditions. Strength training can reduce the signs and symptoms of many chronic conditions, such as arthritis, back pain, obesity, heart disease, depression and diabetes.
• Sharpening your thinking skills. Some research suggests that regular strength training and aerobic exercise may help improve thinking and learning skills for older adults.